Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday To....Me!

Another year passes by.....and now I'm the ripe old age of 32! Hard to believe! I don't know about any of you, but I remember a day when I didn't think life existed past 18! Little did I know that's when life began!

Michael asked me what I wanted this year for my birthday and the first thing I could come up with was to have him take the day off from work....and he did! This year my birthday fell on a Friday which made for a fun LLOONNG weekend! And it was great! Friday the kids still had school, so in the morning, we left Scott with my mom so I could go get a pedicure (and Michael enjoyed reading a good book). Then we went to get Gavin from the bus and pick up Scott and packed lunch on the run from mom's house. We went over to the school and checked Jared out early to take the family to go see the movie "The Tooth Fairy." It was really cute and the kids loved it! When we got out of the movie, we thought it might be fun to go swimming too, so we ran home and put our swimsuits on, but when we got to our rec center we discovered that it was closed for swim meets all day.....of course! Scott came unglued that he couldn't "splash, splash." So we went over to a neighboring rec. center that doesn't have an indoor pool. They put a huge tent bubble over their and it was COLD! Poor Scottie's lips turned purple and his teeth were chattering but he kept saying he didn't want to go home! We tried to get him jumping around so he could stay warm and it worked.....a little. After a swim we picked up Olive Garden To Go and took it home for a great birthday dinner that I didn't have to cook! The boys all made me a cake and we had cake and ice cream and it was the end of a fun, long day! To boot - Michael let me pick out a chick flick to watch (27 dresses), which we didn't make it through because we were absolutely exhausted!

It was a great day! Thanks honey for spoiling me! Here's to another year!

1 comment: